COURSE OVERVIEW > Mid-Terms and Finals
Midterms and Finals: 1 Complete Installation and 1 Complete Show Proposal
1 COMPLETE INSTALLATION
Each term the Exhibitions Class has two shows that they help to install which makes up 50% their mid-terms and finals.
EACH STUDENT WILL ONLY WORK ONE EXTENDED DAY OF INSTALL, EITHER THE MID-TERM DATE OR THE FINAL DATE, NOT BOTH.
One extended session of install is the Mid-Term, one is the Final, you will only sign up for one.
THE MID-TERM AND THE FINAL FALL ON DIFFERENT DAYS FOR DIFFERENT SHOWS IN FALL AND SPRING.
In Fall these dates are whenever the New Graduate Show and the Undergraduate Winter Juried Exhibition are scheduled.
In Spring these dates are whenever the Nathan Cummings Exhibition and the Graduate Summer Juried Exhibition are scheduled.
NOTE: Mid-Terms may or may not fall around mid-term days assigned in other classes and the Final will typically be the week before finals. Both will be shceduled as long sessions on Fridays from 3pm-9pm with one hour off for dinner.
3 Things Each Student Must Do in Order to Pass the Install Final:
- Each student in the Gallery Exhibitions Class must make a poster or a postcard to help advertise the two shows that we help to promote on campus each term. The class will vote on the winning submissions and these will be used to promots the shows. (5 Points)
- Each student will participate in helping to advertise the show, whether by putting up posters around campus, promoting it on social media, or working on a promotional campaign through e-mail and other media outlets. (5 points)
- In addition to developing the look and image of these shows, Mid-terms and Finals also consist of two long shifts that begin at 3pm and go until 9pm with time for a 1 hour break for dinner at 5pm. Sometimes the class may finish early if everthing is completely installed. (5 points)
15 Points Total
1 COMPLETE SHOW PROPOSAL
Each term every student must complete one full show proposal.
3 Things Each Student Must do in Order to Pass the Proposal Final.
1. Make a poster for the exhibtion (5 Points)
2. Write a pres release for the exhibtion (5 Points)
3. Write an open call for participation (5 Points)
15 Points Total