A USER'S GUIDE TO GALLERY 100 > Rules, Regulations and Artist Responsibilities.
PART ONE: Venue Purposes
- Gallery 100 is primarily used for BFA Senior Exhibitions throughout the term.
- Gallery 100 is also open to SoA clubs and Instructors requests to exhibit throughout the opening and closing weeks of each term.
- Gallery 100 also accepts proposals to be reviewed twice annually.
- Gallery 100 may be used continuously throughout the term by Senior Exhibitions based on class size and need.
- Gallery 100 can be used by any artist, curator, instructor, student or club that has an accepted proposal to exhibit.
- All shows at Gallery 100 will run for one to two weeks depending on need and avaiblibility.
PART TWO: Opening, Closing, Regular Hours and Sitting the Gallery.
1. OPENING NIGHT
- Receptions for Gallery 100 are held on Tuesdays from 6-8pm.
- There will be 6-12 Group Thesis Exhibitions per semester (depending on enrollment), along with openings for accepted proposals.
- The Galleries Director will set the schedule for exhibitions on the 1st day of Senior Exhibitions and will meet with the gallery committee to determine accepted proposals beyond class needs.
2. OPENING AND CLOSING THE GALLERY EACH DAY:
- Students from ART 460/560: Gallery Exhibitions are the sitters for Gallery 100.
- Students from ART 460/560: Gallery Exhibitions sign up to sit the galleries on the second meeting day of class.
- Students from ART 460/560 are responsible for greeting gallery goers, tracking attendance in the attendance log, being knowledgeable about the exhibition, etc.
Links to the gallery sitter's duties: http://www.artexhibitionclass.com/gallery-work
HOW STUDENTS GAIN ACCESS TO SIT THE GALLERY:
- There is a LOCK BOX on the south side corridor of the Tempe Center at the back door next to the old ceramics center.
- The LOCK BOX has KEYS to the OUTSIDE DOOR as well as to Gallery 100.
- Student must know the lock box code to get in which is changed out every week.
3. REGULAR HOURS:
- Assigned students from ART 460/598: Gallery Exhibitions will sit the gallery from noon to 5pm Monday through Thursday, and noon to 3pm on Friday.
4. SITTING THE GALLERY
- Shifts are scheduled for a duration of one hour.
- Student can sign up for consecutive shifts.
- All shifts are to sign in to gain credite for attendance.
5. KEYS AND MAINTIANING SECURITY.
* Every week the Galleries Director or TA will change the combination to the lock box and communicate this new combination to:
- The gallery sitters.
- The next exhibiting group.
- The SoA office manager.
Note: Keys are to remain in the lockbox so others have access to the space.
PART THREE: Installation, De-installation, Loan Agreements and Tool Check-Out
1. BEGINNING AND ENDING (Fridays 3-5pm)
- De-install is always at: Friday at 3pm-4pm
- Installation is always at: 4pm to 5pm or until finished
- Any other time is the sole responsiblity of the exhibtiing party and they will not have the help of the gallery exhibitions class
2. HELP WITH INSTALLING, DE-INSTALLING, LOAN AGREEMENTS AND TOOLS
- It is essential to schedule ART 460/560 students to come help with install and de-installation duties on the first day of class.
- Between 4-5pm, the Gallery Director or TA will check-in the incoming artists by collecting a Loan Agreement and Tool check out aggreement from each of the them.
- It is a good idea for the Galleries Director or gallery T.A./R.A. to always have extra loan agreements and tool check out agreements on hand for artists to fill out.
3. KEYS AND MAINTAINING SECURITY
- The keys to gallery 100 are to remain in the lockbox so others have access to the space, and are to be returned at the end of every day after the last gallery shift.
- Students are to check out tools from the Galleries Director or gallery T.A./R.A. to the large tool closet. All tools will also be collected on the cart and left in posession fo the exhibiting parties for the installation period only and then checked back in at the end of the installation.
- Artists will be given the combination to the lock box but not the key to the tool closet. This is because they must check out all the tools from the Galleries Director or the T.A.
4. Meeting on SUNDAY at 4pm to return the keys.
- Galleries Director or the gallery T.A./R.A. will check in with the exhibiting parties on Sunday for FINAL WALK-THROUGH at 5pm.
- The Galleries Director or the gallery T.A./R.A. will then compare the proposed layout with the students.
- The Galleries Director or the gallery T.A./R.A. will then check in tools and return the tool cart to the large closet.
PART FOUR: Lighting, Labels, and Vinyl.
1. Gallery Director or the gallery T.A./R.A. will coordinate with lighting tech to come to GALLERY 100 on Sunday evening after 5 pm.
- Lighting the show happens at Gallery 100 on Sunday evening.
- Students and artists are NOT to adjust the lighting on their own.
- The Galleries Director or the gallery T.A./R.A. can coordinate a meet-up between the work study student and the exhibiting parties if they want to be present while the lights are adjusted.
2. Labels or an image list must be provided by the exhibiting parties of all the works in the show with images of each work followed by:
- The artist's name
- Title of the work
- Medium of the work
- Dimensions of the work
- Date of Completion
3. Vinyl or alternative signage must be provided by the artist/curator.
Suggested places are:
- The Mkrs Space on the Second Floor of Hayden Library which is free
- Super Signs on University Dr., Unit #8, Tempe, Az. 85281. (480) 968-2200
PART FIVE: Exhibition Checklist
1. Hardcopies of the loan forms for the work, equipment loan forms, and all other necessary documents should be handed into the Galleries Director or the gallery T.A./R.A. before or upon the delivery of the work.
DUTIES, FORMS AND FEES TO BE COMPLETED BEFORE EXHIBITING INCLUDE:
- Exhibitor Proposal Packet (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzea3GM9yWQaeTNqR21NemVrTjg/view)
- Media and Communications Plan (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzea3GM9yWQaSnQyOFppbkNBc2M/view)
- Payment to Exhibit (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzea3GM9yWQaUWg2Qk1pbDdic28/view)
- Press Release Worksheet and Examples (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzea3GM9yWQaRkVWNFZTeXlVVzg/view)
- Poster and Postcard Production Forms (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzea3GM9yWQaNXNBX21XY21PbU0/view)
- Food Wavier Forms (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzea3GM9yWQaV28xTW1BQk5ndzQ/view)
- Tool and Loan Equipment Loan (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzea3GM9yWQac3FJWnRXTUh5dFk/view)
- Loan Agreements for Work (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzea3GM9yWQaVnh5QzhiWEJLRkE/view)
- MFA Documentation requirments (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzea3GM9yWQaVHM2ZWlHZVczV3F6OG81VE5LUmh3b1dNb1V3/view)
PART SIX: Current Gallery Inventory List for Gallery 100
You should always be prepared to bring your own speciality supplies for installing. Our supplies are on loan and may or may not fit your needs. Below is a list of what we regularly stock at Gallery 100.
Gallery 100 Supply list: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nwnLn2iw2lHgJwX7hGbqtsPix8epbcI2E3PkOeEDYs4/edit?usp=sharing
1 large softbox – electric, needs repair
1 Desktop Computer - Apple
1 Keyboard Apple - $49
1 Computer Mouse Apple - $49
2 Printer/Scanner/Copy Machine – HP Deskjet F4480 (Discontinued) – All-in-one Printer $79.99
1 Hard Drive – Lacie Rugged 500 GB – $99.99
1 Stereo/Radio/CD Player – $30
1 Multi - Memory Card Reader – $13.29
1 Camera - Nikon D300 - $299
1 Lens – Nikkor AF-S DX Zoom 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 (Discontinued) – Equivalent $496.95
1 Lens – Nikkor AF Micro 60mm – $516.95
1 Lens – Nikkor AFS DX Zoom VR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6 - $496.95
1 UV Filter – Promaster 67mm - $15.95
1 Compact Flash Memory Card – 2GB
2 Compact Flash Memory Card – SanDisk Extreme Pro 16GB - $39.99
MISSING – Nikon FM2 (Discontinued) – Black - Empty Box - $250 (used from ebay)
2 Wireless Flash Trigger/Synchronized Shutter Release/Remote Control Transeiver – Yongnuo Digital RF-603N - $33.28
1 Dyna-lite Model #M1000XR Serial #030-4593 (Discontinued) – $1136
3 Studio Lights/Flash - Dyna-lite Model #2040 Serial #030-12556 (Discontinued) - $195.95 (Used)
1 10 degree grid 7” for studio lights/flash – $29.99
1 30 degree grid 7” for studio lights/flash - $28.75
1 40 degree grid 7” for studio lights/flash - $19.95
1 Small Cordless Electric Drill – Black and Decker L1300 Type 1 - Equivalent $26.99
2 battery chargers Model #UD-0802A
1 Electric Drill – $24.99
1 Electric Drill Cordless– $40.99
2 Electric Power Sander – $59.00
1 Laser Level/Intersect Level – $224.13
1 Laser Level/ Stud Finder – $54.99
2 Levels – Small – $9.97
1 48 in. level - $9.98
4 36 in. ruler (Wooden Yardstick) – $0.98
2 48 in. Ruler- $7.97
1 48 in. Drywall T-Square – $10.96
6 Moving Blankets/Drop Cloths – $8.99
5 Power Extension Cord 50 ft - $11.97
2 Power Extension Cord 25 ft - $9.97
1 Surge Protector – 6 Outlet (Not Working) - $9.18
17 Display Holders – Black
5 Hammers - $9.97
6 Flat Head Screwdrivers- $6.97
11 Phillips Head Scredrivers – $4.42
1 Needle Nose Pliers – $7.97
1 Diagonal Cutting Pliers – $9.96
1 Slip Joint Pliers - $6.97
5 Clamps - $0.99
6 Scissors - $6.97
2 Staple Guns - $8.97
2 Xacto Knives - $5.97
5 Box Cutters – $1.98
1 Pack of Replacement Blades for Box Cutter - $9.97
2 Paint Roller Frames 9 inch - $3.87
2 Sand Bags/Weights – Boa Bags – weights for light stands – $9.95
9 Studio Light Stands – $83.99
2 Camera Tripod – $119.95
1 Hard Case for flash stand – $49.95
2 White Flash Reflector - $9.95
1 Black Flash Reflector – $13.90
1 Soft Box Medium – Chimera - $308
1 Soft Box Small – $59.95
2 5 Gallon Buckets - $2.97
Push Pins – $5.98 for Pack of 500
Glass Cleaner - $1.97
0 Joint Tape – $1.98 for 250ft
3 Rolls 1.88 in. x 60 yds. Masking Tape -$3.98
Common Nails - $3.47
Screws - $6.47
1 All purpose Joint Compound - $3.65
2 Paint Roller Covers 9 inch (used) – $7.33
1 Painting Tray - $4.28
Sand Paper - $3.37
1 32 oz. Spackle – Dry Dex - $7.48 (Starting to dry-up)
1 5.5FL. OZ Mortar Repair -$5.47 for 10 oz.
2 5 Gallon White Paint (1 New/1 Used)– Dunn Edwards Suprema Interior flat paint - $30/gallon
1 32 OZ Primer, Sealer, Stain Blocker - Kilz
37 Lightbulbs for Track lighting - $29.97 for 6 pack = $4.99 Each
1 Pack of 100 Printing Labels – $6.99
0 Double stick mounting squares - $2.29
23 Track Light (Step Head) (New) – Hampton Bay - $9.46
40 Track Light – Black - $9.97
11 Track Light Head – White
36 Track light Head – Beige
27 Small Track Light – Cylinder Shaped w/o light
2 Track Light – Older Style w/light
5 Rectangular Track Lights – Prescolite AKTWWT4 250 watts (discontinued)
7 Track Light – Lightolier Style #9020
17 Rings for Track Light Head
2 ladders 8ft. – $79.98
1 plastic push cart - $129
1 metal A/V push cart - $116.84
1 metal push cart - $229
2 folding table 6ft – $36.51
1 Microwave – $59
1 Toaster – Oster – $27.99
1 Fan/Heater – $19.99
1 Refrigerator Freezer Combo –$460.00
1 Vacuum - $28.33